You have no items in your shopping cart.
Take 2 capsules up to 2 times daily as a dietary supplement, in divided doses preferably with meals, or as directed by a qualified health care professional.
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Amount Per Serving
Magnesium ... 200mg
(as TRAACS® Magnesium Bisglycinate Chelate buffered with magnesium oxide and dimagnesium malate)
Other Ingredients: vegetable cellulose (capsule), rice flour, l-leucine
This product is free of milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab or shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, or pork. Contains NO artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.
This product is free of ingredients derived from genetically modified organisms (GMOs).
TRAACS® is a trademark of Albion Laboratories Inc.
Support for bone health, muscle and nerve function, and energy cycle
- Supplies an essential mineral for healthy bones and teeth
- Helps maintain cellular energy levels
- Promotes healthy neuromuscular contractions
- Supports nerve health and cardiac function
- Highly absorbable and gentle formulation
Patient One Magnesium Chelate supplies 200 mg of magnesium as TRAACS® bisgylcinate chelate, a highly bioavailable and gentle form.
Magnesium is a co-factor that plays a fundamental role in more than 300 enzymatic and physiological functions on a cellular level. It plays a significant role in muscle and nerve function, delivery of fluid to cell structure, keeping the heart rhythm steady, and promoting normal blood pressure and healthy blood glucose levels. In sports nutrition, magnesium is commonly known for its support of energy metabolism ATP, an enzymatic energy source on a cellular level.
About 50% of magnesium in adults is found in the skeleton, and it is an essential bone matrix mineral for the development and maintenance of strong bones and teeth. Approximately 25% of magnesium is found in the muscular system, a necessary nutrient in maintaining proper muscle function. Magnesium supports the metabolism and utilization of many essential nutrients, including calcium, phosphorus, sodium and potassium. It also helps utilize B-complex vitamins, vitamin C and vitamin E. This important mineral also provides broad-spectrum cardiovascular support, including arterial function, endothelial function, C-reactive protein metabolism and lipid metabolism.
Symptoms of magnesium deficiency can include muscle tension or cramping, small intestine inflammation, metabolic syndrome, hypertension, inflammatory response to oxidative stress and insulin resistance.
Over the last century, magnesium intake has declined by more than half, from 500mg per day to as low as 164mg per day in adolescents and adults, according to experts. [NHANES-The National Health & Nutrition Examination Survey] In addition to diet-related magnesium deficiency, medications, stress, poor digestive function, and depletion of mineral content of soil have been identified as contributing factors. The 2009 WHO report, Calcium and Magnesium in Drinking Water, recommends total magnesium daily intake of at least 450-500 mg.
- Kenneth Weaver, M.D. and Kathy M. Speigel, Ph.D. Platelet Functional Responses to Oral Doses of Magnesium and Fish Oil in Human Volunteers. JACN (1988), 7:5
- Sally A. Schuette, PhD, Bret A . Lashner, MD; Morzeta Janghorbpahndi, PhD. Bioavailability of Magnesium Diglycinate vs Magnesium Oxide in Patients with Ileal Resection. Journal of Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition.1994.Vol.18, No5
- Guy E. Abraham, MD. Primary Dysmenorrhea. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, Vol. 21, No. 1, March 1978
- Abrams S., Griffin I., Lopez M., Branner C., & Brand M. Assessment of Magnesium Absorption using Stable Isotopes. Advances in Magnesium Research: Nutrition and Health, Yves Rayssiguier, Andrezej Majur & Jean Durlach (eds.), 2001 John Libbey & Co. pp. 109-114.
- J. Hill, A. Micklewright, S. Lewis, J. Britton. Investigation of the effect of short-term change in dietary magnesium intake in asthma. Eur Respir J 1997; 10: 2225–2229
- C Gontijo-Amaral, MAGO Ribeiro, LSC Gontijo, A Condino-Neto and JD Ribeiro. Oral magnesium supplementation in asthmatic children: a double-blind randomized placebo-controlled trial. Eur Jour Clin Nutr (2006), 1–7
- George A. Eby & Karen L. Eby. Rapid recovery from major depression using magnesium treatment. Medical Hypotheses (2006) 67, 362–370
- Pote Sriboonlue MSc, MCH, Sudjai Jaipakdee MSc, Dusit Jirakulsomchok PhD, Eimorn Mairiang MD, Piyaratana Tosukh