You have no items in your shopping cart.
Start with 1–2 softgels per meal and slowly build up to the recommended dose of 3–6 softgels per meal. For best results take PGX® Daily softgels before meals with a glass (8 fl. oz.) of water, or as directed by a health care professional.
Serving Size: 2 softgels
Amount Per Serving:
Total Calories ... 20
Calories from Fat ... 10
Total Fat ... 1g
Saturated Fat ... 1g
Total Carbohydrate ... 1.5g
Dietary Fiber ... 1.5g
Soluble Fiber ... 1g
Protein ... 1g
PGX® (PolyGlycopleX®) ... 1, 500mg
Highly purified fiber complex manufactured using the proprietary EnviroSimplex® process:
Konjac-mannan (Amorphophallus konjac) (root), Sodium Alginate, Xanthan Gum
Medium Chain Triglycerides (from purified coconut oil) ... 1, 200mg
Other Ingredients: Gelatin capsule (gelatin, glycerin, purified water, annatto, carob), yellow beeswax, soy lecithin.
Product contains no: artificial sweeteners; no dairy, gluten, wheat or yeast.
- PGX is the most clinically studied and proven polysaccharide complex*
- Proven safe; without the side effects of prescription or over-the-counter medications*
- Ultra Matrix delivery system ensures rapid dispersal and action of PGX
- Proprietary complex contains three viscous natural polysaccharides that together provide higher viscosity than any other known fiber*
- Medium chain triglycerides (MCTs) help increase metabolism and may help improve blood-glucose-related disorders*
PGX (PolyGlycopleX) is a highly viscous combination of water-soluble polysaccharides derived from konjac root, sodium alginate, and xantham gum. Viscous fibers have been shown to reduce postprandial glucose concentrations and lower total and LDL cholesterol, primarily by forming a gel matrix which slows gastric emptying.(1, 2) Viscous fibers also trap ingested carbohydrates and lipids inside the gel matrix, decreasing the transport and uptake of glucose and cholesterol at absorptive surfaces. Clinical trials have shown that in addition to the benefits of glucose and lipid reduction, highly viscous fibers were found to lower insulin secretion and C-peptide in response to carbohydrate meals, and also improve glucose tolerance.(3, 4)*
Viscous fibers effectively reduce the glycemic index of foods consumed simultaneously by preventing the postprandial spikes in blood glucose concentration.(5, 6) Fiber viscosity has been associated with increased satiety and reduced appetite; in a randomized trial, PGX reduced hunger and prospective consumption when combined with a low calorie diet, and in an earlier trial enhanced weight loss and reduced percent body fat when used in concert with lifestyle changes.(7, 8) PGX‘s viscosity is greater than other known sources of soluble fiber, allowing for easier dosing and greater efficacy for its diverse benefits.*"
- Reimer RA, Yamaguchi H, et al. Changes in visceral adiposity and serum cholesterol with a novel viscous polysaccharide in Japanese adults with abdominal obesity. Obesity (Silver Spring). 2013 Sep;21(9):E379-87.
- Jenkins AL, Kacinik V, et al. Effect of adding the novel fiber, PGX®, to commonly consumed foods on glycemic response, glycemic index and GRIP: a simple and effective strategy for reducing post prandial blood glucose levels--a randomized, controlled trial. Nutr J. 2010 Nov 22;9:58. doi: 10.1186/1475-2891-9-58.
- Flammang AM, Kendall DM, et al. Effect of a viscous fiber bar on postprandial glycemia in subjects with type 2 diabetes. J Am Coll Nutr. 2006 Oct;25(5):409-14.
- Reichert RG, Lyon MR, Kacinik V, et al. Decreasing cardiovascular risk factors in obese individuals using a combination of PGX® meal replacements and PGX® granules in a 12-week clinical weight modification program. J Complement Integr Med. 10(1):1-8, 2013. doi: 10.1515/jcim-2013-0003.
- Brand-Miller JC, Atkinson FS, et al. Effects of added PGX®, a novel functional fibre, on the glycaemic index of starchy foods. Br J Nutr. 2012 Jul;108(2):245-8. doi: 10.1017/ S0007114511005447.
- Brand-Miller JC, Atkinson FS, et al. Effects of PGX, a novel functional fibre, on acute and delayed postprandial glycaemia. Eur J Clin Nutr. 2010 Dec;64(12):1488-93. doi: 10.1038/ejcn.2010.199.
- Kacinik V, Lyon M, et al. Effect of PGX, a novel functional fibre supplement, on subjective ratings of appetite in overweight and obese women consuming a 3-day structured, low-calorie diet. Nutr Diabetes. 2011 Dec 12;1:e22. doi: 10.1038/nutd.2011.18.
- Lyon M, Reichert R. The effect of a novel polysaccharide blend (PGX® granules) on short-term weight loss and other laboratory parameters in overweight and obese adults: an observational retrospective clinical analysis. Altern Med Rev. 15(1): 68-75,